I can't quite define it, but something seems to get corrupted.  When the
new "corrupted" application runs, it only shows a white rectangle, rather
than the application.  I guess I was wondering how others update their own
software applications - if they do something similar to what I'm doing or
if they are using opkg/apt-get/etc.  The MD5 sum may be something I could
look into... I'm not familiar on how to implement that, but I'll do some
research.  Thanks,

On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM, William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Define "something gets messed up". You're going to have to know what this
> something *is* before solving the issue. But perhaps you could use an MD5
> sum to verify the file ? Then when there is a mismatch you delete the
> target file and try again ?
>

> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Brent <brent...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a Qt application that runs at start up.  Currently, I update my
>> application by allowing the user to press a button inside of my application
>> which copies the updated application files from the USB drive to the eMMC.
>>  It then sets a flag inside of a text file to "1", and reboots.  When my
>> start up script is ran, it firsts checks the text file to see if there is a
>> "1", and if so it overwrites the old files with the new ones and then
>> launches the application.  This works most of the time, but there are
>> occasions where something gets messed up and the new application does not
>> start.
>>
>> I was wondering if there is a better way of updating my application.
>>  Could I use opkg to do this, and if so, how?  Will it allow my application
>> to be running while it is updating it?  What is the proper way to do this?
>>  Thanks in advance for your help!

>  --

-brent