Ack, It's definitely getting late( 3:50am ) I keep slipping up and
forgetting to add information.

Moscowbob, here i a blog post I wrote up on the subject last year.
http://www.embeddedhobbyist.com/debian-tips/beaglebone-black/beaglebone-black-nfs-root/

I also wrote another post on how to boot via a USB hard drive here too.
http://www.embeddedhobbyist.com/debian-tips/beaglebone-black/beaglebone-black-usb-boot/
The information is written in a way to make it more concise, but the
information is also different. Since we're "booting" from a different
device.

There is also another post I wrote on loading the kernel over the network
via tftp. If you can wrap your brain around these 3 different posts well
enough you should have a better understanding of how all this works