I should be able to find the answer to this, but I can't.
Almost all the dialogs for lxde are larger than the LCD screen at 480x272.
Is there a way to tell Debian I have a small screen and pop up scroll bars
to reach the off-screen parts?
When I tab or arrow key off screen, it just goes off screen and I can't see
it.
I assume there is a way to scroll the virtual screen (I think CTL-PGUP /
CTL-PGDOWN, for CTL-ARROW KEYS should have worked).
I noticed a little icon at the bottom with a monitor with an exclamation
point in it, "Screen Lock", does that prevent scrolling?
If so, I can't find a way to interact with it to tell it to allow scrolling.

On the page http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:Capes_3.8_to_3.14#4dcape-43

I see:

dtb=<device>-4dcape-43t.dtb
screen [x]
backlight (gpio) [x]
backlight (pwm) [ ]
touchscreen (4wire) [x]
buttons [x]
led [x]

Is this where I set up the screen extents in uEnv.txt?
What goes in the [x] values?
I could't find a concrete example with google.
Is there a more detailed page somewhere?

Thanks in advance.