I'm looking at making my own version of the BBB for a custom project. I see
a note on Revision A6: "Noise issues were observed in other designs where
the clock oscillator was getting hit due to a suspected issue in ground
bounce. A zero ohm resistor was added to connect the OSC_GND to the system
ground." A second resistor was added in the next revision to the 32kHz
crystal circuit.

Could the GND_OSC nets be tied directly to DGND without zero ohm resistors?
Was the resistor used just in case the change caused problems and could be
left unpopulated if so? I see no issues in further revisions so I'd assume
that these changes fixed the issue, is that right? I'm asking because I
suspect there might be another reason why resistors were used instead of
just direct traces (like needing a 'single connection point' type of
thing). Some clarification would be helpful indeed.

Thanks,
-Seth