Bill,
I tried your advice and the .sh file doesn't fun.  I am using Debian and
the cpu monitor usage runs at 100% when I do this.  But it fails to write
anything to the sd card.  After some back and forth with chipsee customer
support, I received a message to update a line from
--device) shift; device=$1; shift; ;;
--device) shift; device=$1p; shift; ;;

I am not that familiar with linux as one can tell, but it seems the change
just "appends" a p to what ever I type for the device.  I can upload a copy
of the zip to dropbox or something if anyone wants to look at it.