Oh, I find it much less convenient to have another machine to deal with.
Parallels integration with OS X is pretty good, although Linux breaks that with
its very non-conforming cut & paste. Usually I just ssh into my VM from the OS
X Terminal and deal with stuff that way, rarely using a GUI in Linux.
TextWrangler can open files over SFTP and makes it almost seem like the file
exists locally. I think I can mount the Linux filesystem in the OS X Finder,
but haven't really gotten that to work yet.

Still, I like OS X for a reason, and it makes me want to build some of these
tools anyway.

> On Jan 6, 2015, at 18:18 , William Hermans <yyrk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *Or* just buy a cheap netbook, and put Linux on it. Personally, I think this
> is the best way, much preferable over using a virtual machine. But it does
> add cost. Unless you get lucky like I did, and get a busted netbook ( bad
> screen ) for free.
>
> On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 5:19 PM, John Syn <john3...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 1/6/15, 1:59 PM, "Rick Mann" <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>
> >So, there's still a market for my once-upon-a-time project to make an OS
> >X-native debugger with a plug-in architecture for stuff like this...
> Well, TI are considering releasing CCS on OSX, just not sure when. For now
> I would just add a Parallels virtual machine running Ubuntu and run CCSV6
> on that. Short of that, I think the project you are proposing to way to
> big for just one person.
>
> Regards,
> John

> >> No, I donĀ¹t believe it will. GDB or DDD require GDBServer running on the
> >> BBB or you can use an JTAG emulator from Ronetix (PEEDI) or Abatron
> >> (BDI2000) which emulates GDBServer.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> John

> >> --