A new Beaglebone book, by Derek Molloy, focused on the Beaglebone Black
started shipping last week.

http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-BeagleBone-Techniques-Building-Embedded/dp/1118935128/

If you want to do anything more than make a few of the on-board LEDs turn
on and off, this is the book that you want.  About 500 pages of Beaglebone
information, tools, programming, the Linux commands you need to run it, how
to use Git, discussions of Device Trees, plus the fundamentals of
interfacing to the BBB.  Unlike a lot of the other simpler books, which
were written when Beaglebone used the Angstrom distribution, this one is
written for the Debian distribution.

I have been working with the Beaglebone Black for about nine months, but
this book answered several things that were bothering me, just by searching
the index for the topics.

If you are going to spend $55 on a Beaglebone Black, then spend the
additional $30 for this book.  This is the practical manual and"how to"
book that should come with the BBB.

It is scoring five out of five stars in every Amazon review, so far. I
agree with those ratings.

--- Graham

==