Sorry, bone47 is way 'before' the repo was enabled.  Start with the latest
image.

On Mar 23, 2015 8:37 AM, "Shyam D" <shyam.sunde...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was not able to do that why so ???
>
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-3.8.13-bone47
>> E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-headers-3.8.13-bone47'
>

> On 23 March 2015 at 18:18, Frank Agius <ftag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Monday, March 23, 2015 at 8:35:21 AM UTC-4, Shyam D wrote:
>>>
>>> when you say initial error :) will i get any build errors further, like
during insmod, rmmod , can you please tell me what i should make ready for
out-of-tree kernel module development

intree modules require me to compile/flash them again and again ), i have
logged in to beagle bone black revc through ssh client, which gives me a
command line interface via putty, as in general out-of-tree module
development, i have tried to compile module with the following make file

we find it in an normal ubuntu installed on x86

>> I said "get past that initial error" because I have no idea what code
you are compiling.   There could be a multitude of other reasons why your
kernel module could not compile once the header issue is resolved.  I can
only comment on the errors you list, not the infinite number of unknowable
potential problems.   Please try what I suggested and then post your
progress.

beagleboard+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.