I used a similar wall switcher 1.5A usb power supply, and found that it was
fine to power via the mini usb socket, but when used for Vdd_5v it would
fail to deliver enough power during boot.  I'm not sure, but it seems the
power management of the BBB allows it to draw a lot more current (for short
spikes) form the Vdd_5v than from the USB.   In either case, it draws under
400mA once booted, it's just some instantaneous power demands during boot
that cause reset. --Karl