Hi William:
Doing nothing with the board.  It is just sitting on the side connected to
+5V power and Ethernet.
So, for example, late last night (Central US time) I loaded
"bone-debian-8.1-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2015-07-05-4gb.img"
onto a trusted uSD card expanded the memory using gparted to the full 16GB,
and turned off the four blue
blinky lights. No other changes.

Then I went to bed.

Reading syslog,
(Times are GMT, boot completion defined as systemd updating the time to
network time.

the initial boot (completion) was at JUL 12, 05:09:27
the lab was quiet, lights off, nothing running.
The BBB automously rebooted at 08:25:33, 13:13:22, and 14:32:27

I am now rerunning with untouched reload of
"bone-debian-8.1-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2015-07-05-4gb.img"
Just load, install and boot.  Talk to command line by SSH.

--- Graham

==