I think you can also use mmc-utils from linux to enable the reset pin
functionality in eMMC. Keep in mind this setting (ECSD byte 162,
"RST_n_FUNCTION"), like disturbingly many of the eMMC's settings, is
*one-time-programmable*. No margin for mistakes or second thoughts here :P
 (Unlike the author of the article you linked to I'm personally quite glad
these settings were left in virgin state since there are security
implications to enabling the reset line.)

Note BTW that as long as you leave mmc_clk alone you can safely use the
remaining pins for other purposes, so unless you really need that last pin
too I would leave reset alone.