So be a little bit clearer for you folks that are wondering what's going
on. ~/ti for william on this system is the mount point for an NFS share.
Both machines have user william, but it is possible that the UID for each
is different. I've run into this problem before, and it creates all sorts
of strange behavior. So, I'll write a simple hello world executable
locally, in tmpfs . . .