> *Interesting, after googling NFS I'm hooked. But I've been saving my
> project via a remote git repository. What I'm really trying to preserve is
> all the tweaks like wifi settings, cron jobs, services... and those are all
> distributed around the fs, and I don't remember all what I've done.*
>
> *I'm still gonna try that nfs thing though, that sounds genius.*

You can either save those file over on the NFS server, or you can document
100% everything you do. Personally, I do the latter. But, I also create
production, and development images for myself. The production images I
save, are exactly as I downloaded them, pus all the tweaks I made to them
prior to setting it up as a development image.

Do also keep in mind that if you do any compiling of native code( C / C++
sources, etc ) on a NFS share. In this case it'll be noticeably slower than
from sdcard. However, there is a cure for that too. Don't compile on the
NFS share, or the sdcard. Create a tmpfs ramdisk, mount that in your home
directory, and do all your compiling there ;) Of course, you can not
compile HUGE projects, but you should be able to get away with creating a
256M ram disk( I do ).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpK8h-JsPCyvJJ8Dr3g%3DvZN5mEveVix4XVDd6nk6BSkrg%40mail.gmail.com.