<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-E6PQDAVugpc/V6iyyg9pBtI/AAAAAAAAAAM/qTLEXaW28AojUanyh9QIMUWMeHKbvnXNACLcB/s1600/PocketNC_Screen.jpg>
Hello,

I have a PocketNC with a Beaglebone Black.

Like many, I am having trouble connecting to the Beaglebone Black from OSX
10.11.x El Cap.
(we replace the Beaglebone Black once already for other issues)
I was able to connect after the replaced board, but that was on OSX 10.8.5.
On 10.11.6 I still cant connect after days of trying every suggestion at
PocketNC and Beagle support.

So I thought I would attempt the apparently simpler route of directly
connecting a monitor, mouse and keyboard to the Beaglebone.

Mouse and keyboard work fine thru a USB 2.0 hub, but the Monitor doesnt
display correctly.
I am using an older Dell 2001FP (which Beagle Support says "should" work)
and the display resolution of 1280x1024@60 is supposedly supported by
Beaglebone Black.

Beagle support pages mention that there are HDMI cable problems.

I am connecting the Dell via DVI_D to HDMI (not micro).
Is this the wrong choice?
Should I be using a Sub-D to HDMI Micro? DVI-D to HDMI Micro?

Does this image give anybody any hints as to where I might look to solve
problem?

Thank you in advance

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/9c2a77b2-6cb1-4be5-929a-9251b219ab9f%40googlegroups.com.