Hi,

I'm using BeagleBone Black with Wifi dongle plugged-in (TL-WN722N), and
trying to configure BeagleBone black to get wifi work with my office's wifi
network. In general, username and password are necessary for my phone, but
it's more  complicated to configure BeagleBone black. I did following:

(1) configure /etc/network/interfaces:
    auto wlan0
    allow-hotplug wlan0
    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        wpa-driver wext
        wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

(2) configure /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:
    ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
    ap_scan=1
    network={
       ssid="officewave"
       proto=WPA2
       pairwise=CCMP
       group=CCMP
       key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
       eap=PEAP
       identity="myemailaddress"
       password="12345678"
    }

And after that, I reboot and run the following command:
    wpa_supplicant -B -Dwext -iwlan0
-c/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf -f /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log

And got the error below:
    wlan0: failed to initiate ap scan

I'm a beginner. Could anyone please tell me how to do with this issue, or
any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/c00f8ea3-a762-4096-96a0-ddd5a4186389%40googlegroups.com.