Hello,

I have a BBB with debian-8.4-iot downloaded from beagleboard.org. I changed
the wifi tethering ssid and password by the following commands:

# connmanctl tether wifi off

Disabled tethering for wifi

#connmanctl tether wifi on mybbb 1234567890

Wifi SSID set

Wifi passphrase set

I confirmed that I can see the new ssid by my laptop wifi scanner. I also
confirmed settings in /var/lib/connman/settings was changed correctly.

# cat /var/lib/connman/settings

[WiFi]

Enable=true

Tethering=true

Tethering.Identifier=*mybbb*

Tethering.Passphrase=*1234567890*

After rebooting the BBB, the ssid was reverted to BeagleBone-A4FD. The
'Tethering.Identifier' setting in /var/lib/connman/settings was also
changed to BeagleBone-A4FD,

but the 'Tethering.Passphrase' setting was reserved.

# cat /var/lib/connman/settings

[WiFi]

Enable=true

Tethering=true

Tethering.Identifier=*BeagleBone-A4FD*

Tethering.Passphrase=*1234567890*

Any one know how to reserve tethering SSID over rebooting? Thanks!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/b2ed14af-da7c-40bf-a94f-f1ed32cfef64%40googlegroups.com.