On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 9:10 AM, Bo Deng <deng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a BBB with debian-8.4-iot downloaded from beagleboard.org. I changed
> the wifi tethering ssid and password by the following commands:
>
> # connmanctl tether wifi off
>
> Disabled tethering for wifi
>

> #connmanctl tether wifi on mybbb 1234567890
>
> Wifi SSID set
>
> Wifi passphrase set
>

> I confirmed that I can see the new ssid by my laptop wifi scanner. I also
> confirmed settings in /var/lib/connman/settings was changed correctly.
>

> # cat /var/lib/connman/settings

> [WiFi]
>
> Enable=true
>
> Tethering=true
>
> Tethering.Identifier=mybbb
>
> Tethering.Passphrase=1234567890
>

> After rebooting the BBB, the ssid was reverted to BeagleBone-A4FD. The
> 'Tethering.Identifier' setting in /var/lib/connman/settings was also changed
> to BeagleBone-A4FD,
>
> but the 'Tethering.Passphrase' setting was reserved.
>

> # cat /var/lib/connman/settings

> [WiFi]
>
> Enable=true
>
> Tethering=true
>
> Tethering.Identifier=BeagleBone-A4FD
>
> Tethering.Passphrase=1234567890
>

> Any one know how to reserve tethering SSID over rebooting? Thanks!

Opps, that's me:

wifi_name=$(grep Tethering.Identifier= /var/lib/connman/settings | awk
-F '=' '{print $2}' || true)
ssid_append=$(echo ${cpsw_0_mac} | cut -b 13-17 | sed 's/://g' || true)
if [ ! "x${wifi_name}" = "x${wifi_prefix}-${ssid_append}" ] ; then
    sed -i -e
's:Tethering.Identifier='$wifi_name':Tethering.Identifier='$wifi_prefix'-'$ssid_append':g'
/var/lib/connman/settings
    systemctl restart connman.service || true
fi

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/blob/23568a73ca762e985a84023e60a9dc9e5f716a35/boot/am335x_evm.sh#L172-L177

let's double check with wifi_prefix, so fixed with:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/boot-scripts/commit/d798da6bfa7bd857a31f1f1842256d603f8bcdad

cd /opt/scripts/
git pull

and you'll have the change..