Hi Dennis,

I have given up on trying to install and run Kali Linux.
I downloaded a Ubuntu image to try and run that instead.

To my pleasant surprise, it seemed to installed perfectly : with the
sweeping LED lights and the terminal codes saying that it has flashed
properly to the eMMC (which is a 2 GB eMMC, and the image size is 1.7 GB)

But when I started the BBB after flashing. Only the first two LEDs flashed
and stayed lit ( USR0 and USR1). But nothing else happened. It's been like
that since about 30 minutes now.
There is not HDMI output either.

Any idea what might be happening and how I can fix it  ?

Thanks.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/1aab3817-88aa-4507-9ed9-6c05f2d1eabd%40googlegroups.com.