Howdy,

Here is the newbie again!  I am learning how to use the BB UARTs.  I am
working on the example at
https://learn.adafruit.com/setting-up-io-python-library-on-beaglebone-black/uart

The  minicom commands are not working for me.

   1. #first terminal window:
   2. minicom -b 9600 -D /dev/ttyO1
   3.
   4. #second terminal window:
   5. minicom -b 9600 -D /dev/ttyO2
   6.

I modified the program slighty thinking I could setup UART1 and UART2,
cross the RX/TX of UART 1 and UART 2 as per the directions.

Since I can't get the minicom to work for me is there another way I test
everything is working?

Here is my program in Python:

#!/usr/bin/python
import Adafruit_BBIO.UART as UART
import serial

UART.setup("UART1")
UART.setup("UART2")

#tty1 RX = P9_26   TX = P9_24
ser = serial.Serial(port = "/dev/tty1", baudrate=9600)
#tty2 RX = P9_22   TX = P9_21
ser = serial.Serial(port = "/dev/tty2", baudrate=9600)
ser.close()
ser.open()
if ser.isOpen():
        print "Serial is open!"
        print "Great Job"
ser.write("Hello World!")
ser.close()

# Eventually, you'll want to clean up, but leave this commented for now,
# as it doesn't work yet
#UART.cleanup()

I am expecting to be able to transmit and receive: "Hello Word!"  right?

Thanks in advance,

Lidia

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/4221695b-1025-4314-bc0e-3523b11843fc%40googlegroups.com.