On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 5:30:06 PM UTC-4, William Hermans wrote:

> I do not think this is correct. The laptop should be *.1, and the gateway.
> So effectively, you're telling the beaglebone to be it's own gateway.  In
> other words.
>
> Laptop: 192.168.7.1
> Beaglebone: 192.168.7.2

You're correct. The .1 was a typo. D'OH. I am indeed ssh-ing into .2 ...

ssh user@192.168.7.2

That is the BBB's default IP from the factory of course. I have literally
been Googling all day and have tried a myriad of GUI and command line
methods and none of them work. Everything I find is going in the wrong
direction, it wants to share a wired ethernet connection to the internet
over WiFi... basically turning the laptop into a hotspot. I just want to
share my WiFi connection (which is my connection to the internet) with my
BBB which is connected via USB.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/5cba3c6f-7d8e-4ab9-8824-5e512eb450f3%40googlegroups.com.