On Monday, 19 September 2016 22:46:57 UTC+5:30, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:

> On Mon, 2016-09-19 at 08:43 -0500, Robert Nelson wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 10:11 PM, Nilesh Govindrajan <m...@nileshgr.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I've just started working with BBB. I'm trying to build my own OS
> using
> > > buildroot 2016.08 and Beaglebone official kernel
> > > https://github.com/beagleboard/linux .
> > > I have so far succeeded in booting my build and getting SSH into it,
> but now
> > > I want to support this Waveshare 4.3" inch LCD cape
> > > http://www.waveshare.com/wiki/LCD_CAPE_(4.3inch)
> > >
> > > I have enabled Bone Capemgr in kernel configuration.
> > >
> > > Then, I compiled dtb of DVK530-LCD4-01-00A0.dts which has been
> provided by
> > > Waveshare into /lib/firmware, but it doesn't seem to get loaded when I
> > > specify it's name as:
> > Use this version:
> >

> https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/blob/master/src/arm/DVK530-LCD4
>
> > -01-00A0.dts
> >
> > I imported it last January into our bb.org-overlays repo, but i have
> > no hardware to test..
> >
> > Regards,
> >

> Does it require some different kind of DTC? I'm getting error when trying
> compile it to dtbo using scripts/dtc/dtc inside linux directory as well as
> buildroot's dtc.
>
> --
> Nilesh

Just to clear the confusion,

% output/host/usr/bin/dtc --version
Version: DTC 1.4.1-gcc54a7b7-dirty

%
output/build/linux-1e63edb14e49a4360ba05cd12fc6b0e53c66a955/scripts/dtc/dtc
--version
Version: DTC 1.4.1-g5aaeb52e

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/cb72fecd-3d1e-4fcf-ad33-457022e09c6e%40googlegroups.com.