Searching the internet, you're likely going to find people who say this is
not possible. At least where USB is concerned. Where the RasberryPI is
concerned the USB ports on it are connected to a hub chip, which then runs
in USB master mode. So . . . using HID USB descriptors is not possible in
this case. Or so I've read.

However, with all that said, I do believe the beaglebone's 'client' port is
capable of USB slave mode. Regardless read Phil Polstra's post here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/beagleboard/Umoa2yElKM8/JdD0SY_oCQAJ

He did a DEFCON demonstration using a beaglebone to  emulate a PC keyboard(
I think ). That should be more than enough to get you started.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORqdb2XBOw00W7HErMs6r8abm84Le7Q8WPJFZ%2BjtCEP4bA%40mail.gmail.com.