Good news to report here, PRU ADC project working fine with the IOT image
based on 4.4.27-ti-r62.
I was trying the console image, but I am lazy and there was just too much
stuff to install.  So IOT it is.

The only remaining mystery is why the firmwares do not start at boot.
 Removing and inserting pru_rproc works around this problem.
I've added significant material to the section on Remoteproc and C compiler
set-up for the project thanks to the info in this discussion:

https://github.com/Greg-R/pruadc1

Zach B I hope your project is going well.  Let us know what happens.

Many thanks to Beagleboard and Robert Nelson for supporting this very cool
development board family.
There are tons of amazing things to learn.

Regards,
Greg

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/a65c5f1f-9636-4ecf-97bf-7b6ba3d11d6d%40googlegroups.com.