I'm a little bit afraid of updating and have moved backwards.  I've had
nothing but troubles with Jesse 8.6.  Using a Rev B Beaglebone Black I have
MicroSD cards with 7.8, 8.6 and the original Angstrom in the on board 2GB.
IMHO LXQt sucks.  I realize this isn't the correct thread to discuss the
problem of slow response on the Jesse version so please point me to a
correct subject or topic.  It's frustrating to do web searches and
reference books that all refer to 3.8.  There's almost nothing out with
respect to support for 4.x.  Almost like the Beagle isn't being sold
anymore and the Raspberry Pi (like VHS verses BetaMax) has won.

John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/146dad2d-6768-453d-a747-5154dc9cfc62%40googlegroups.com.