On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 4:28 AM, Micka <mickamus...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw that. But was not sure. The idea is to save the state of your ram?

I don't understand your question. But an initial ram disk is a very
minimalist Linux file system that is loaded at boot. Used for loading
various drivers, early. So for instance if you wanted to boot from say an
iSCSI type disk, You'd very likely have to initialize it through an initrd.

Anyway, my definition is rather crude, like I said I'm going form pure
memory, and my memory is not always accurate. Better that you google for
your answers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CALHSORpv4YGmxFd0U499M0gY%2BeNiVT8sYQ_QmXM-CxPMTMdGyg%40mail.gmail.com.