I'm using a beaglebone Black, debian. 4.1.15-ti-rt-43.

I'm trying to achieve the same thing. -- accessing my external storage SD
card (in the BBB which is booting off emmc). I have log files which I save
to the SD card and I want to access them by connecting my beaglebone to the
computer (instead of taking out the SD card, putting it into a reader and
then into my computer).

However,  /usr/bin/g-ether-load.sh and
/lib/systemd/system/storage-gadget-init.service
don't exist where it's said to in this answer, so I don't know how  to
proceed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/bceb4d30-a3b2-4886-be7c-6b9d0bc96d37%40googlegroups.com.