Hi everyone!

I'm using beagle bone black and I want to use "Audio cape Rev B" for
playing and recording audio.

I installed debian 8.7 image on BBB and changed the uEnv.txt and added
proper entry in it to load the Audio cape.

Now, audio cape is loaded and i can play audio with aplay utility
successfully. But recording is not working.

issuing arecord command results the below error message:

*arecord: set_params:1297: Unable to install hw params*

dmesg messages is as below:
*davinci-mcasp 48038000.mcasp: Too fast reference clock(24576000)*
*davinci-mcasp 48038000.mcasp: stream has more channels (2) than are
enabled in mcasp (0)*
*davinci-mcasp 48038000.mcasp: Asoc: can't set 48038000.mcasp hw params:
-22*

where is the source of the problem?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/ff1ccdfb-8c91-4a90-ad97-9ece4ebf2737%40googlegroups.com.