Eventually I want to use PRU and want to disable HDMI to have more inputs
available. I setup WiFi and verify it works. In /boot/uEnv.txt, I uncomment

  ##BeagleBone Black: HDMI (Audio/Video) disabled:
  dtb=am335x-boneblack-emmc-overlay.dtb

and reboot.

Once back in I try to ping my server and get the response: "connect:
Network is unreachable". Trying to use "sudo connmanctl" gives all sorts of
complaints such as 'Method "Scan" with signature "" on interface
"net.connman.technology" doesn't exist'. Re-commenting the dtb line and
rebooting allows WiFi operation again (without even need to go through
connmanctl again).

Is there a way to disable the HDMI while retaining WiFi?

Output of uname -a
Linux beaglebone 4.4.54-ti-r93 #1 SMP Fri Mar 17 13:08:22 UTC 2017 armv7l
GNU/Linux

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/bf4e9695-d198-4ece-b770-ffdf563db56c%40googlegroups.com.