On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 12:51 PM, Robert Nelson <robertcnel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Sebastián Sáez <otra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have some Beaglebone running my python script for controlling relays and
>> read sensors. But time to time some beaglebone freeze and I don't know why.
>>
>> Here is the log when the beaglebone crash. I think maybe it's a power
>> problem when the wifi chip try to connect.
>>
>> For power up the HW I use a Menwell powersupply and two solder wires to the
>> BBGW pinheader (vdd_5v and gnd)
>>
>>> HW: Beaglebone Green Wireless
>>>
>>> Kernel: Linux beaglebone 4.4.9-ti-r25
>
> "r25" is known broken Kernel on the BeagleBone Green Wireless.
>
> It took awhile, but we didn't figure out till mid Oct 2016, that one
> of the pin's on the wl1835 module needs to be pulled low on startup.
> Otherwise the wl1835 is actually entering a test mode on startup, thus
> ending up completely un-usable..
>
> The fix was first pushed on Oct 20, 2016 with "4.4.24-ti-r58"
>
> So either, upgrade your kernel:
>
> cd /opt/scripts/tools/
> git pull
> sudo ./update_kernel.sh
>
> or grab a newer image:
>
> http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Stretch_Snapshot_iot

btw for up-time "reliability" i've been seeing much better uptime
performance with v4.9.x-ti, most cases they survive a week. (every 7-8
days, i update the board's debian userspace and kernel and reboot)

http://gfnd.rcn-ee.org:81/farm/uptime/

test-bbgw-* are the bbgw's...

sudo ./update_kernel.sh --lts-4_9

Robert Nelson