Trying to get IT to allow me to put Ubuntu native on a corporate PC.
 Another guy higher up the food chain told me to just try booting an
existing desktop PC with an Ubuntu USB stick...

Also, someone just loaned me a laptop with Windows 10, and I've got an
Ubuntu bash shell up from the Windows Linux Subsystem/Ubuntu bash shell.
 Am going to try installing Xming, CCS, the JTAG drivers, and see if
Windows 10 will allow CCS to talk to the debug probe and to the target...
 This could be worse than the virtual machine idea....

Thanks!  jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/eaddcca1-c16a-4b63-aff0-8b06291a80f0%40googlegroups.com.