It appears that the ENC28 MAC address is random as well.  It doesn't show
up with any vendor when doing an online MAC lookup.  I wonder if it is
possible to populate it with the same one that the USB Ethernet interface
uses when attaching to a PC.  I haven't looked but my guess is there is a
MAC address burned into the processor.

--steve

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/64300aa9-f76f-44e0-8551-b99fbe70a9a0%40googlegroups.com.