On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 5:57 PM, Joshua Datko <jbda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Jason,
>
> First of all thanks for all the work (and from many others on this) for the
> BeagleBone et. al.!
>
> This is just my 2c and it's probably worth that much.
>
> What I would say is that it shouldn't matter that the board uses device tree
> or <insert new thing here>. What designers of capes want, I think, is the
> ability to configure the beaglebone (or pocket beagle) as they like. With
> the device tree, as you've shown, this is how one accomplishes that task.
>
> But I'm stumbled through building device tree fragments before and it's a
> bit painful.
>
> What I would suggest is a tool that makes device tree generation easier.
> This probably should be a GUI (with scripting option). But as a HW designer
> for a cape, if I could click pins on a GUI, set modes, defaults, etc... and
> out spit a device tree fragment, I would think that'd be cool.

Wasn't there a GSOC nodejs "todo" this in the 3.8.x era?

There is also a QT5 gui for cape-universal:

https://github.com/machinekoder/BBIOConfig

We pretty much setup cape-universal by default on all boards today...

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgw6o_G%3DXNPZm556r2gtcZPRhnB9wLAvkafia%3DzhmYRJQ%40mail.gmail.com.