I'm making a limited use BBB cape, that uses I2C from P9_19/20 and UART
from P9_24/26, should I bother putting the EEPROM on there for id? The SRM
still says yes, but I think the new style is uboot overlays?

In this case, I know the BBB will always have this cape, and no others,
attached. (Software later in the boot process can handle with the case when
it's not really attached).

I know there has been some discussion but the SRM conflicts with that and I
can't remember the conclusion.

I mean, it's easy enough to put on there but my impression is that it is
essentially not used anymore by uboot or the kernel.

Thanks,

Josh

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/18281e23-380d-4a82-8ee3-880ba0972104%40googlegroups.com.