There are definitely still problems with btrfs compression and uboot.   If
I take this image, update /etc/fstab to add compress=zlib, reboot to
remount, and then run "btrfs fi defrag -c -r /" to compress the full
filesystem, then it refuses to boot.   All I see on the console is
"starting the kernel" and then nothing.      All the usr lights come on
full and it sits there.

I'm still experimenting a bit.   I think an attribute can be added to the
/boot directory to have it not compress stuff in /boot.   I want to see if
that helps at all.

Dan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/0e2d1750-05fc-47c0-9e48-7f021c5a5bb2%40googlegroups.com.