Have a look at the BeagleLogic project: they use one PRU for data
acquisition and the other one to write to a portion of DDR allocated
through a kernel driver:
https://github.com/abhishek-kakkar/BeagleLogic/blob/master/firmware/beaglelogic-pru0.c

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/d80d896e-6b35-43a7-996b-ea1130866d83%40googlegroups.com.