I am wanting to use a Beaglebone (green) as a USB client for HID input as a
personal project. Can the Beaglebone do this out of the box with certain
pin setup? If so what libraries can I use to do this? PRU is always an
option if I have to, but I'd rather not learn in depth the USB protocol at
this time. If the board can't do this out of box, is there an IC I can use
to make a custom cape?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/2f25f12f-8ae4-45cc-85ca-99b4845a6fc1%40googlegroups.com.