There is a very good book that explains everything you will need in embedded
systems using Linux. I has a complete chapter on RTC.

Linux Device Drivers Development by John Madieu, published by Packt Publishing
2017.
This book doesn’t cover BBB directly, but it covers all Linux subsystems, such
as SPI, I2C, RTC, DMA, etc

If you are looking for a book that covers BBB and the build cycle and root file
system, then this book is very helpful:

Mastering Embedded Linux Programming - Second Edition by Chris Simmons,
published by Packt Publishing 2017.

These two books will get you up and running so you are able to help yourself. I
wish I had these books 10 years ago. These are the only two books that deal
with the latest kernels and Device Tree.

Regards,
John

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3D41FA47-D82F-47C4-9C00-8A1F59159812%40gmail.com.