On 07/03/18 21:52, h...@olli-ai.com wrote:
> I'm try to use TVL320AIC3254 Codec with Beaglebone Black via I2S bus. At
> present, I can play music but it hear noise. Attached is script to set
> up this codec with these setting: WCLK=44.1Khz, BCLK=1.4112 Mhz, MCLK=24
> Mhz.

It's been a long time since I had anything to do with the TLV320AIC32x4
driver in the kernel, I actually wrote the very first open-source one
back in 2010.

Without going into detail of what settings you've selected, my first
thought would be to get the oscilloscope out and verify that the bit
patterns are what you expect.

Maybe try triggering on WCLK and monitor BCLK; you should see 32
transitions between each transition of WCLK.

Also, double check the 'AIC32x4 datasheet and the TI Sitara docs, and
make sure one end is master, the other is slave.  I'd recommend the
AIC32x4 is master, since it's usually easier to set to a given sample rate.

I vaguely recall some code that would figure out what PLL settings to
use in the AIC32x4 to generate the right sample rate for the given MCLK;
but whether that's in the current driver, I cannot be certain.

Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/28be6f9f-364d-55ef-17f8-e600c2283de0%40longlandclan.id.au.