On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 8:35 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
> Okay thanks.
>
>> On Mar 12, 2018, at 18:13 , evilwulfie <evilwul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Nope  all done in /boot/uEnv.txt on boot
>>

>> On 3/12/2018 5:41 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
>>> In the past, I'd apply an overlay by catting some stuff to .../slots. That
>>> no longer shows up in my sysfs.
>>>
>>> I'm working on a U-boot overlay, but while experimenting, is there a way to
>>> apply the overlay from the command line after boot?

Actually, there is a way, Jason K figured this out late last week and
it has not been fully documented out side of the e-ale.org training yet...

https://cm.e-ale.org/2018/pocketbeagle/README.md

We haven't figured out how far back this goes with mainline kernels
but, create a directory under:

/sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/

Like:

sudo mkdir -p /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/accel/

then just echo the *.dtbo into the ./dtbo file created in the directory above..

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYgid1vVYz-1cNSixrEhaACPNb_4vm-rz5LBEM2zPgWCjw%40mail.gmail.com.