Also, I saw something really weird on my board with an uninitialized RTC:

On one of my boards with an uninitialized RTC, the RTC kernel message
("hctosys: unable to read the hardware clock") went away when I "hot
plugged" a USB<->serial converter into one of our USB ports on our board.
The USB HUB isn't connected to the I2C3 bus...

Does the USB hub device driver or the USB bus driver initialize the RTC if
it's uninitialized???  What could this be due to?

I'm running kernel 4.4.110-ti-r142 and debian 8.10 for the BB-X15..

Thanks!!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/7d997b9f-0c6f-410c-be13-77bd0de8f1e8%40googlegroups.com.