I'm working on creating a variant of a Buildroot image using the
4.9.82-ti-rt kernel (taken from @RCN's stretch/ sources) and modified to
use u-boot overlays. The buildroot image works well on the Beaglebone Green
(with the PRU's loading much quicker than the 4.4.x branch I'd used
previously using TI's recently modified `/sys/class/remoteproc/` scheme).

The image also boots the PocketBeagle and loads `g_ether` and boots fine.
However, it does not load the PRU units and only loads `remoteproc0` [the
omap timer (?)]. There are no `/sys/class/remoteproc/` entries for either
of the PRU units. The kernel logs don't show anything, no errors, or
anything regard the PRU units (aside from remoteproc0).

Based on the serial output from the BBG, the U-Boot version correctly boots
using U-Boot 2018.03. Also, the u-boot based cape manager loads on both the
BBG and PB boards after some tweaking with the uEnv.txt file. Still I have
not been able to get remoteproc to load the PRU units.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to load another cape? I've
tried setting the 4-9 PRU dtbo in `uEnv.txt` to no avail.

I've been reading through the DTS and DTSI sources in the Linux kernel as
well as the bb.org-overlays. It seems that the linux in-tree dtsi files for
the PocketBeagle don't mention the PRUSS hardware units at all. This is in
contrast to the BBB and BBG which both set the `status` field to "ok" for
both PRU units. My suspicion based on that is that the PRUSS and remoteproc
configurations aren't updated for the PB. The bb.org overlay's also do not
mention the PB at all that I've found. However, it appears that several
people have the PRU's loading and working on the PB's. Hence my confusion!

Thanks, Jaremy

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/55d7f219-639a-4588-922f-1ebaf7c4a9c6%40googlegroups.com.