On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 1:42 PM, John Syne <john3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Robert. BTW, when using u-boot overlays, what base DTS is used for
> BBB? I seem to remember you saying we don’t have to define the base DTS and
> u-boot will select the base DTS.

So for v4.4.x -> v4.14.x, the base dtb is:

am335x-boneblack-uboot.dtb

Which is very basic:

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtb-rebuilder/blob/4.14-ti/src/arm/am335x-boneblack-uboot.dts

We then assemble the final dtb before jumping to the kernel..

For v4.16.x+

am335x-boneblack-uboot-univ.dtb

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/dtb-rebuilder/blob/4.16.x/src/arm/am335x-boneblack-uboot-univ.dts

major difference cape-universal is fully enabled, and then subtracted
in later overlays.

via: P9_12_pinmux { status = "disabled"; };

https://github.com/beagleboard/bb.org-overlays/commit/675e258e08c24417e815984a6c63aad17bba6c66

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYhPKk-%3DCrFB2-y9Y_%2B7jKv%2B-OBzqR76bxo33O_-5S79Eg%40mail.gmail.com.