On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 10:14 AM, Bobbi N Sean Donovan
<bsdono...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As it is plain to see, I don't know what the hell I am doing.  I suspected
> the "56" was wrong, but I am blindly following directions at this point just
> trying to get this out as it is becoming a production issue.  I do
> appreciate all the help.  I'll go back and rebuild per your instruction
> below and then get online and find instructions on how to do the "install"
> after it is build.  Thanks again and have a great day. ~Sean

Actually i won't bother rebuilding, i just took a re-look at 2015-03-01

It's not as old as some of the old 3.8.13 based wheezy images, and
thus supports installing kernel via the repo..

So, instead just run:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.8.13-bone84
sudo reboot

Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAOCHtYi5y2YonbGJJdCpTeOc-ApNwfHBZSGWaJ1ZbouOHfM3ow%40mail.gmail.com.