Yes,

But I haven't found the refresh option. Double-checking right now on
Windows7 and Kubuntu... nope, no refresh available. However, I tried <F5>,
but with no effect. I tried Windows10 before writing my question and no
success there either.

Unplugging/reinserting the USB cable was the only remedy.
It would be nice if I could do that from the SW that adds the files to the
gadget.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/CAO-Fnw9dy%3DmiYaDTdw%3DFbY6MtymTaAyzjYGE7NW0DVbVig09xw%40mail.gmail.com.