Hi,

Our custom board based on the BB-X15 has a(n) FT4232 USB<->serial hub to
realize some of our serial ports.  From the data sheet and programming
guide, it looks like the chip supports RS485 toggling of a DE pin on a 485
chip via the chip's TXDEN line.  But the data sheet and programming guide
suggest that the FTDI chip's EEPROM needs to be programmed with the
appropriate flags enabled to enable auto-toggling of TXDEN around transmit
and receive.

I briefly looked through    KERNEL (uname-r =
4.4.110-ti-r142)/drivers/usb/serial/ftdi_* to see if there's already an
interface in the driver for initializing/re-initializing the FTDI chip's
EEPROM to enable 485 mode.  I did see references to 485 for other devices,
but I haven't yet found anything obvious about enabling TXDEN specifically
for this family of chips...

Has anyone tried utilizing an FTDI USB<->serial hub for RS485 and is
familiar with enabling the TXDEN line for this purpose in Linux?  If so,
any insight would be greatly appreciated!!  Also are there any limitations
in the driver or the chip that you're aware of?

Thanks!

Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/e0a9e0ec-3c06-4ca9-910c-3b32f29e73ed%40googlegroups.com.