BTW, you can run iiod on your BBB and then use IIO Oscilloscope on you desktop
which can connect to your BBB and display the waveforms.

https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-software/iio_oscilloscope

<https://wiki.analog.com/resources/tools-software/linux-software/iio_oscilloscope>

Regards,
John