HI,

I've a requirement of following things to be done using my beaglebone black
rev.C running Kernel 4.9

   1. Should have Linux environment
   2. Ethernet, RS232, I2C connectivity
   3. GPIO Interface
   4. LCD Interface
   5. Fast booting

Kindly suggest me a best suitable OS image for above mentioned applications.

I had a bad experience of incompatibility issues when several libraries
changed when Kernel version changed from 3.9 to 4.9, where I had to change
my software to make it work in new Kernel version 4.9. Can we avoid such
problems in the case of beaglebone?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/3cdaa85e-2985-4b12-b4f7-f0d376741d9f%40googlegroups.com.