Has anyone managed to communicate with PRUs from Android?
I am interested in running something on PRU0 that will send data to the CPU.
The main problem is that there is no remoteproc in precompiled android
images. Is is possible for remoteproc to work under Android? Is there
another way to communicate with PRUs from Android?
Also, /dev/mem doesn't seem to work correctly because whenever I try to
read anything from it I get a bus error.

I have no prior experience working with Android so for me it looks pretty
much like linux with some features removed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/64a70600-4db8-4161-830a-bf9a2730cfc5%40googlegroups.com.