Hello all,

I'm being just a little bit careful here:

I'm about to try this, but I will connect up the serial terminal first, so
I can see output and interact with the board. (Graceful shutdown!)

I will test the serial connection first with just a micro USB charging
cable rather than USB to a computer. (Simplify!)

It's my understanding that LiPo charging is disabled or not present in the
firmware. (I'll give you the "uname -a" and other info the next time I fire
it up. Just let me know what and how to check.)

Also, it's not clear (without reading the data sheet :) ) about the
resistor values for the thermistor and the parallel (linearizing?) resistor.

If you have a 10K thermistor, do you put it in parallel with a 10K
resistor, or likewise 100K thermistor in parallel with a 100K resistor? Do
you put the thermistor anywhere in contact with the (e.g., 18650) LiPo?

>From the prior thread, it seems to be sufficient (if even necessary) just
to connect a 10K resistor from TS (P2-16) to ground (P2-15).

10uF cap from battery (P2-14) to ground (P2-15).

(Tangent/future: What about larger cap, perhaps using a 5.5V supercap,
detect supercap discharging (lipo voltage to ~min input voltage on vbat)
and give an interrupt to shut the board down?)

Thanks in advance for your help, and to the original thread authors!

Other posts that I found:

Safely power down the PocketBeagle supplied by a battery (no replies?):
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/dDSD89DGzpU/j2WzZyA2CgAJ

Supplying two ICs from the PocketBeagle powered by a Lipo battery
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/beagleboard/B7Zyf97hvzY/z8cOt0MHBwAJ

I want to do some excessive self-telemetry, both internal and external. I
plan to scale the raw battery voltage by 1/11 with an op amp before feeding
to one of the 1.8V ADC inputs. I'll defer to suggestions about measuring
current.

(This is a tangent: I also plan to be paranoid if I connect to a car and
want to monitor the car's "12V" with something like a VCO on the car side
pulsing to an optoisolator, but I'm sure there are better ideas out there!
:) (I could use several PIC -> nrf24l01 for some "really good" isolation!)

Thanks,
Fred Kerr

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/e24b6a8a-365b-440a-b536-54b174a97c14%40googlegroups.com.