I am re-flashing the internal emmc on my BeagleBone Green board with a
Debian image from the site stored on the pluggable SD card.

The instructions I received are to modify the /boot/uEnv.txt file in the SD
card image which must be flashed and un-comment the last line :
*cmdline=init=/opt/scripts/tools/eMMC/init-eMMC-flasher-v3.sh*

This works and flashes the internal memory as expected. What I don't
understand is when I then check the /boot/uEnv.txt file when the image is
flashed to the internal emmc, the line is then commented out again. What
causes this change?

Also, what is the best way to generate a new .img Debian image with the
uEnv.txt already modified? Hence to copy the modified image I have on the
SD card. Thanks in advance.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/beagleboard/507e97c9-0624-4ae4-9ae3-092798cd96ae%40googlegroups.com.